• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sion_

WikiAdventure released [bin + source]

This topic is 4833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What Is WikiAdventure?

WikiAdventure is game framework that uses user contributed content from special Wiki pages to create games. It is not a game in itself, but it allows you, the user, to easily create interactive stories and games by creating Wiki pages in a special syntax. When a WikiAdventure game is launched, all the content from the game's content pages is downloaded, including media such as images and fonts, and the content is parsed and organised. The game will then be run using the set up of the game's content pages.

Screenshots

Here's a few older screenshots of WikiAdventure (for some reason the cursor isn't appearing on them). Game list screen: Game loading screen: Game loading screen with debug overlay: Location screen with dialog: Location screen with debug overlay: Location screen with dialog and debug overlay: A multi-line text object.

Downloads

Binaries: WikiAdventure 1.0 bin (1.59 MB) Source: WikiAdventure 1.0 source (5.64 MB) I've use some Windows-only API function so I doubt it will work on Linux systems. Keys: B toggles the debug menu. Escape exits the application. All the data used for the games can be viewed and edited here.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!