• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dave

WxWidgets and Visual Studio Problem

This topic is 4837 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Good afternoon all, I'm trying to get a simple WxWidgets program working and having a bit of trouble. I have to: #include <wx/wx.h> in my application. I have added the widgets directory entry to the Visual Studio look-in directory listing. Widgets is installed at C:\wxWidgets-2.6.1 So i have added the directory path "C:\wxWidgets-2.6.1\include" to the directory list and put it to the top. I have done the same for the library folder. The compiler finds "C:\wxWidgets-2.6.1\include\wx\wx.h" but it wont find one of the file that this includes. It appears as though a header included in this header is including another one that doesnt exist. I have browsed the \wx\ directory and the file actual actually isnt there. Any ideas what i should do? ace

Advertisement
The compile error is this:

c:\wxWidgets-2.6.1\include\wx\platform.h(260) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/setup.h': No such file or directory

platform.h appears to be looking for a sub directory that doesnt exist.

ace

some applications, I guess wxwidgets is one of them, require you to run a config util to generate a config header before you can compile it...

so there is no setup.h in "c:\wxWidgets-2.6.1\include\wx\" correct? look in the wxwidgets documentation [or for an INSTALL or README] for info on the subject

This is an absolute joke and a waste of time. I still havnt managed to get a Hello World for widgets installed yet and i havtn got a clue what im doing wrong.

In the documentation is says to build the projects in the build directory in Debug and Release mode. I have done that and when i include wx.h i get other errors saying that other headers cant find other headers.

Has anyone here actually done this, ever?

ace

$(WX_DIR)\include isn't the only one needed to be added in the compiler dirs.
You also have to add $(WX_DIR)\lib\vc_dll\msw (check the vc_dll part; I 'm not sure as I use gcc myself).

HTH,
Yiannis.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!