Force Feedback

Started by
-1 comments, last by Aiursrage2k 18 years, 8 months ago
It seems there are only three on the market, the Logitech Wingman, the Saitek Cyborg and the Thrusmaster. Does anyone know of any others still in production? They are no longer making Microsoft Sidewinders… I am trying to determine a control scheme to use for a first person game, when using a force feedback joystick. Scheme1 Joysticks Y-Axis to move you forward/backward (according to orientation) Joysticks X-Axis used to rotate the y-axis Slider used to rotate you around the x-axis CommentsSeems most natural navigation scheme Scheme2 Joysticks Y-Axis to move you forward/backward (according to orientation) Joysticks X-Axis to strafe you left/right (according to orientation) Mouse – Used to rotate both the x and y axis’s CommentsWorks fairly well for the effect, but requires two input devices which feels weird Scheme3 Joysticks Y-Axis to move you forward/backward (according to orientation) Joysticks X-Axis to strafe you left/right (according to orientation) Joysticks Z-Rotation used to rotate you around the y-axis Slider used to rotate you around the x-axis Comments It feels very unnatural to use this setup though the effect works well Effect I am trying to make a force feedback effect for when you are walking up a ramp. I am using is a constant force that pushes you down the ramp. The problem has to do with Scheme1… In certain situations the constant force pushes on the x-axis, which gives the wrong behavior -- instead of pushing you down the ramp it would actually make you spin. Neither of these scehmes seem very good, I am looking for alternatives. Also has anyone created any cool Force feedback effects?
Insufficent Information: we need more infromationhttp://staff.samods.org/aiursrage2k/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement