• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Red

Old VCard compatibility issue...

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys... working on a DX7 engine... Found a strange issue here... I decided to use the Specular Colour item in my vertices ( allocated in VBs ) to use it as specular value or emissive value when I need... well... I am working on a Lo Profile platform, to check items with lo level CPU/GPU... well, I found that on a GeForce2 GTS, the specular Value seems to be completely ignored, like it is nonexistant, so that if for example I assign Diffuse Colour to the Colour2 ( Specular Colour ) item, i see all objects dark... like the vertex got 0x00000000 value in that variable... So I have checked, the value was there, and, doubtfully ( at least ) I tried on an old ATI 9600... yep... on ATI it works... I can see the specularity I want, of any colour, while on GeF2 the specularity seems taken from light property, not from the Vertex value... Is GeF2 too old..? for what I know it should be DX7 compliant ( it's Caps show it ), and tried with latest draivers too... no way... is it an HW bug/lack of capacity? any Advice/Info...? tnx... [R]ed

Advertisement
I worked with DX9 on GeForce2 for quite some time. And I only noticed specular alpha to be ignored, color was fine. I've also read it somewhere in official documentation (but I don't remember where exactly), that this is just as it is supposed to be.

As for DX7, it could be only worse ;)
~def

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!