How to display a picture on controls.

Started by
0 comments, last by kSquared 18 years, 7 months ago
I would like to display pictures on some different types of controls to make applications look different and/or more appealing. I would like to figure out how to display background images onto, for example, buttons, scrollbars, textboxes etc... In order to load an image onto a normal window I use the WM_ERASEBKGND or WM_PAINT, however I do not know how to process those messages for indiviual controls, only the window. I am sure there is a way to do it, I just have no idea how to go about doing it. Another thing I would like to do, if it would not be too difficult, would be to display these images semi transparent so text could be more easily read on the image. If anyone has any idea how to point me in the right direction, or samples/examples of any kind, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks you in advance.
Advertisement
Double-posting is an oops of which
You should always be aware;
Don't leave your first post dangling
With your second in the air.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement