• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gav86

c++ compile error

This topic is 4833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys just a quick one, when I go to compile a small class that is basically made up of a 2D array and a few functions for manipulating it's data, I'm given the following error: error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'PCH creation point' What exactly is a 'PCH creation point'? The code in question is the line:
Square playArea[GAME_WIDTH][GAME_HEIGHT];
GAME_WIDTH and GAME_HEIGHT are both constants defined in a definition file, which has been included. Square is a class defined in another file (also included, obviously)

Advertisement
C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'PCH creation point'

Check each of the #include files to ensure that the closing brace of each class declaration is followed by a semicolon.

PCH stands for precompiled header. It is a way of reducing compile times by caching header files that don't change regularly. My personal experience is that they tend to generate mostly problems. You can disable them via the project settings. Boy there have been some weird errors fixed by disabling PCH...

Greetz,

Illco

Ah thats it. . thanks!

You'd think they could come up with a less cryptic name for it. . or at least spell out PCH ..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!