• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Zaris

Simple IDE

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using VC.net for programming, which is great for most programs. But sometimes I don't want to pull all that up for a simple projects or learning exercises. Is their a simple IDE around or can I set up to compile txt files using VC.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Zaris
can I set up to compile txt files using VC.

You should have a shortcut to "Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt" in your start menu under the Visual Studio .NET entry. If you open that command prompt, you can compile from the command line using the VC++ command line compiler, cl.exe:

cl file.cpp

Quote:
Original post by benryves
There's always Notepad and the command prompt...
I don't know how simple it is, but I hear good things about the Code::Blocks studio IDE.

It's perfect, and easy to install with the Visual C++ .NET 2003 toolkit.

My favorite for programming is Scite. Well, I do not know if that is an IDE, is more like a text editor, but you can edit and compile a lot of diferent languages, it is very simple and nice.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi there
Try using Notepad++ or editpad (notepad with some usefull features)
get them on download.com

--Chrome--

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!