• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
qjones20

Rotation Controller and Auto-Targets

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently trying to implement generic Axis/Angle rotations for my level editor app. However, I am having trouble figuring out the proper way to do auto targetting to acquire a better rotation point, depending on the current scene's translation, zoom, and camera position in the viewport. Right now I am always rotating about the origin. This works fine when the model is zoomed out, and centered. But if I zoom in to certain parts away from the origin it gets really tricky to guess how the orbit is going to behave. Even if I computed the center of the scene, I don't think this is the right way to do it either. Does anybody have any recommendations to acquire a more user intuitive feel to the rotation? Thanks.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!