• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
orcfan32

VB6 - Disabling some stuff..

This topic is 4833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What I want to do is write a program that does not allow the user to shutdown the computer. Here's a list of what I want to do: Disable Alt+F4 Disable Alt+Tab Disable Ctrl+Alt+Delete Remove/Disable the X button Remove/Disable the Maximize button Remove/Disable the Minimize button Stop the computer from doing a hard reset (Turning power button off or on on the computer itself)(OPTIONAL)

Advertisement
Quote:
Disable Ctrl+Alt+Delete

One (fairly brutal) method is to Kill() the task manager EXE file. (WindowsXP restores it, but it is a very mucky method).
Quote:
Stop the computer from doing a hard reset (Turning power button off or on on the computer itself)(OPTIONAL)
You can change this in Control Panel, assuming you mean the button on the case. If you mean the mains supply, no can do.

Hmmmm.. sounds good. It will be a password thing for your computer where you can exit only with the password. As for the task manager file, I'll read that into a string when the program starts up and when you enter the correct password, it restores it on it's own.

Would there by any chance be a file somewhere that the control panel accesses for the power button on the case? I'll need to know the path so that I can restore that too. Thanks in advance.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!