• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DirectXFreak

Microsoft Visual C++ .NET error, what the heck...

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, I booted up my computer today, and went to open the project file for my game, and the compiler threw an error stating that msvcr71.dll could not be found. This made no sense, because I was just using the compiler 8 hours ago, and I never deleted anything. So, I googled the file, downloaded it, and stuck it into the IDE directory. The compiler loaded then, but threw ANOTHER error stating that the application for loading .vcproj files was not installed... Great, so now my compiler is screwed, and I don't know how in the world it happened. Do you have any ideas?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by DirectXFreak
So, I googled the file, downloaded it, and stuck it into the IDE directory.

I doubt that's a good idea. If your installation is broken for some reason it's probably a better idea to reinstall.

Scanned for viruses?
Fiddled with file security?
Broken harddrive? What file system? FAT/FAT32 or NTFS?

msvcr71.dll is part of the .net framework i believe and should (already) reside in your windows or system folder

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!