• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Spintwo

Relations

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

There exists a connection Cbetween area A and points of the perimeter P. Find C. The perimeter and area is based on the intersections of a graph paper. The relation cannot be a function cause if you assume perimeter to be x and the area to by y, there are two values for y. an octagon for example compared to a long rectangle, both with 8 perimeter points have areas of 7 and 3 respectively. So how do you figure this out? Pre-calc question.

Advertisement
Is this for homework? The forum faq prohibits it.

I'll just give general hints:

1. How does a rectagle have 8 perimeter points, ever?
2. (Possibly) rephrasing the question, if you had the (x,y) coords of each perimeter point how would you find the area? (formula)

I don't understand the question either, but I know a very curious fact about polygons whose vertices have integer coordinates, which you might find interesting: The area can be computed as

Area = Inner + Border/2 - 1,

where `Inner' is the number of points with integer coordinates that are strictly inside the polygon and `Border' is the number of points with integer coordinates that are on the border of the polygon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick%27s_theorem

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!