• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
aleksi1578

Hasta La Vista

This topic is 4833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
While I might not be one of the first to run out and purchase Vista once it hits the shelves, I would still like to say that I think you need to do some more research before making such a pointless website about something you clearly know nothing about.

Take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Thanks.

Quote:

9. We do not support piracy, but piracy will become near impossible with Vista, and open source or free software will be restricted and crippled.

[rolleyes]

First I would like to say that I'm not negative to your initiative. If this is your belief then I support your expressing it.

One thing you need to do if you want to add credibility to your satements is add some sort of source or reference so that we know you're not just making it up. Either that or remove anything that can't be backed by facts.

This one for example
Quote:
6. Many people will lost their job or hobby (50 million people). Just to help them, please join us!

You really need to explain this one more thoroughly and add a reference to where you got the facts and figures from, especially since you have exact numbers (50 millions).

Good luck.

Most of the things have been on microsoft technet and on microsoft site. We are not just making this up to get money or something like that we just hope we wont loose linux etc. and all open source programs :). Well atleast I am thinking that way this may look unbelievable, but we arent making all up. Some maybe only rumors heard some of them from people, but mostly of them have seen on technet etc. And the 50 million is rought guess.. And it said it before but my friend from england translated it to better english, because I am not so good in it like you can see :)

There are some legit. concerns about Windows Vista - I suggest researching them and explaining them on your website instead of some of the junk thats there now.

Also, cite sources; if things have been on technet/microsoft sites/wherever then provide links. Your site isn't credible if you don't back up your claims.

Quote:

9. We do not support piracy, but piracy will become near impossible with Vista, and open source or free software will be restricted and crippled.

Don't mention piracy at all, it makes it sound like you're a bunch of software pirates who just aren't admitting it. The fact that piracy will be more difficult with Vista is a good thing, it doesn't belong on your list.

Quote:

6. Many people will lost their job or hobby (50 million people). Just to help them, please join us!

Sounds like a load of $h!t to me. If you have reliable sources then cite them.

Quote:

Some maybe only rumors heard some of them from people

Things you've heard from people are not reliable information, and publishing them on your website (represented as facts no less!) makes the credibility of your entire site (and by extension your cause) questionable to say the least.

Quote:

7. Regedit will be simplified.

Why is this a bad thing? You havn't actually said that any functionality will be removed. If it were simpler and had the same functionality it would be an improvment. Don't complain about things being simplified, complain about features being removed (if you have a source stating they will be).

All up, if you're trying to get support for your cause, you're doing a horrible job of it. You need to only provide things you have proper sources for, and you need to cite those sources so that people can check them out.

On the other hand, if Toxic Hippo is correct, then you're doing a good job of making a ridiculous anti-MS website that noone will take seriously, but which isn't particularly funny.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!