• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dogbert234

OpenGL Problem with compiling OGL applications

This topic is 4833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Today morning I tryed to compile my first OpenGL application, but crashed into problem...It always gives me the following error message, even though I have all headers/librarys included and the source code I'm trying to compile is definetly correct: LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/openGLEx.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. I'm out of ideas, how to solve the problem :\

Advertisement
I'm sure you have created a console application and forget to implement the main function!!! Where is the entry point of your program ? [smile]
The compiler is nice and tell you that everything is OK and not you forget a function.

I belive that the same error shows up if you use Visual Studio together with SDL and forget to set the target type to Multi-Thread DLL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!