• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jyanshin

Correcting book errors

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I would just like to ask how you guys correct errors from books? If it's just a text typo, do you use a liquid paper and replace it just by pen or something else. And what about image typos? Thank You

Advertisement
I usually just draw a single line through the mistake with a pencil (in case I happen to be wrong.. heh) and write the correct answer off in the margin somewhere. If it is an image and I have access to the correct image online I usually print it off, cut it out and tape it over the mistake.

Sam

I'm always suprised how many code errors are in programming books - some more than others of course.

Don't they try to compile it first?

Quote:
Original post by Simian Man
I'm always suprised how many code errors are in programming books - some more than others of course.

Don't they try to compile it first?

Sometimes. Other times there isn't really time to verify things; editing the main text is more important, and debugging is instructive for the student anyway.

One should also consider that errors can be introduced in transcribing the work, because people who take dictation, handle the copy etc. - basically everyone between the author and the finished product - are not programmers.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!