Correcting book errors

Started by
3 comments, last by Zahlman 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys, I would just like to ask how you guys correct errors from books? If it's just a text typo, do you use a liquid paper and replace it just by pen or something else. And what about image typos? Thank You
Advertisement
I usually just draw a single line through the mistake with a pencil (in case I happen to be wrong.. heh) and write the correct answer off in the margin somewhere. If it is an image and I have access to the correct image online I usually print it off, cut it out and tape it over the mistake.

Sam
I usually leave them.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
I'm always suprised how many code errors are in programming books - some more than others of course.

Don't they try to compile it first?
Quote:Original post by Simian Man
I'm always suprised how many code errors are in programming books - some more than others of course.

Don't they try to compile it first?

Sometimes. Other times there isn't really time to verify things; editing the main text is more important, and debugging is instructive for the student anyway.

One should also consider that errors can be introduced in transcribing the work, because people who take dictation, handle the copy etc. - basically everyone between the author and the finished product - are not programmers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement