[web] Buying Web Address

Started by
2 comments, last by Cacks 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys, I'm sure most people here have had experience buying a web address. I am new to website acquisition. I know that I can register an address for several years and re-register every so often. I've been in contact with a company that registers domains & would like to get some advice before I proceed. My question is this: Can I actually buy a web address, i.e. pay once and never have to re-register it? I’m thinking of getting for game company that I wish to create in the future and would like to make the best decision now. Thanks very much for any replies!
Reject the basic asumption of civialisation especially the importance of material possessions
Advertisement
No, you can't just buy once and then never re-register. You pay per year and you can register up to 20 years at a time at www.joker.com, for example. It's not exactly expensive anymore.

Also, keep in mind that web hosting and the actual domain name are two separate things.
As far as I know, you need to renew your domain at least every couple of years. Even big companies get caught out [grin].

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

LOL benryves! Good link! LOL!

Thanks for the replies guys!
Reject the basic asumption of civialisation especially the importance of material possessions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement