• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
swinchen

My very first demo EVER... check it out.

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

tiles.zip Just use the arrows to scroll around, escape exits. Runs at 800x600 full screen. Ummm, yeah! I am excited. I probably shouldnt be because it is so simple. But hey.... check it out! :)

Advertisement
Wow, that's awesome! My first demo didn't even scroll [depressed].
Nice tiles too! I like your grass texture.

Now try making the map data non-hardcoded.

Thanks!

If you like the tiles you should check out Tile Studio It is a free little application that lets you draw all sorts of stuff pretty easily. The tutorials are good too.

I hope so. Not sure what game though, maybe some form of little RPG, or maybe a lumberjack game. Fox hunting? Not sure the code is quite up to that level (the reason I didn't include it... lol) It isn't that bad.. most of the coders here are much better than me and I don't want to be embarassed. heh.

Don't be ambarrased. Everyone here was beginners at one time. Everyone here will most likely congradulate you if it is really hard as the people here know that coding is pretty rough on you. So, if someone thinks it is stupid as it is simple, then they are just acting weird and just selfish.

Ok,

I updated the zip file to include source. There is a little bug in it that I can't find. When the program exits I call "delete[] m_mapData;" in the level destructor... this causes the app to crash. So right now it is just commented out and the OS reclaims the memory... still, it is annoying.

tiles w/ source

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!