• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alex_r

nVidia Cg

This topic is 4831 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I like to learn nVidia Cg, I don't know anything about Cg but I like to use in my engine... There any good article about it? There any plugin to use RenderMonkey to develop in Cg? The nVidia Cg book (The Cg Tutorial) is a good book? Thanks!

Advertisement
Quote:

I like to learn nVidia Cg, I don't know anything about Cg but I like to use in my engine...
There any good article about it?

There are some nice stuff on nvidias developer site.
This shows you how to use Cg in your program: Hello Cg! Introductionary Tutorial.
You can read the Cg Users manual, its pretty good and free to download from here.

Quote:
There any plugin to use RenderMonkey to develop in Cg?

AFAIK RenderMonkey only works with HLSL and GLSL, You can use nvidia's FX Composer instead. its pretty similar.

Quote:
The nVidia Cg book (The Cg Tutorial) is a good book?

Yes, its pretty good. It will teach you by examples, but you will probably need to check the user manual to learn all the language specifics in detail.

The CG book by nvidia is kinda good, but also if you know nothing like I did you will want some tutorials on setting up DX or OpenGL. I am pretty sure GameDev has a nice one, not sure the link though

-THACO

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!