New member looking for new material...

Started by
4 comments, last by videodragon20032003 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I'm new to these forums, although I have been reading them for several months now. The quest which always remains for me is this: Where are all the new tutorials for 3D modelers? I have been al over the net searching for that perfect FREE tutorial that some sap happens to throw to us broke, needy modelers. I am no where near a new modeler, as I have about 2 years under my belt of using the same program (lightwave) but I am always looking for ways to better myself without having to break my wallet. If there is anyone out there that can help to solve my current problems, then please do so. Even if it is just to point me in the proper direction, that would be most helpful. Thank you all in advance who actually reply to this post. ~munKiecs
the proud, the few, the LightWave users.
Advertisement
If you have bandwidth available then www.3dbuzz.com has excellent VTM (video training modules?) for download on pretty much everything, from max, maya, quake level design through to an introduction to c++. As far as I'm aware you can access them for free, although they have a system whereby you must be active in their forums to download, or at least to get higher priority downloads. The videos are interesting and informal and have real people talking! I've watched through their 3ds max, Unreal and gameSpace VTMs a while back and they're all excellent, better than any tutorial I've used because you can actually see it working in front of you.

I'm not sure how their system works at the moment but I was just able to download a 3ds max VTM and I've certainly not paid any money, just registered on the forums and made a few posts.

Hope this helps you

Ray2k
Well, I've just had another look and hopefully can clarify a bit: It looks like they have some downloads available to anyone (registered forum members that is) and others available only to member sponsors and those with a star on the forums. To get a star you have to be active on the forums and be useful and various criteria, but I think once you get the star you can download all the VTMs for free. If you pay to be a member sponsor you can download them all too.
ok, thanks for the info... I'll have to check it out.

~munKiecs
the proud, the few, the LightWave users.
Haven't tried 3DBuzz yet, it looks good. The best tutorial site I've seen so far is tutorialized.com, which links to a bunch of other tutorial sites.
3d Total
Ben Mathis' site
An awesome site for some basic texturing

Hope I could help. They're out there; you just have to dig.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement