• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vinb

Please try my Asteroids game

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is an Asteroids clone that I've been working on for a while. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I think it's about as close to finished as I'm going to get. My Website Here's the keyboard commands: Space - fire Left Arrow - rotate left Right Arrow - rotate right S - shields Up Arrow - thrusters P - Pause G - Go (Un-Pause) Watch out for the little alien ship, he's pretty tough to hit.

Advertisement
Very cool! It looks very retro, but that gives it some funkness. Very cool done.

I love how you did the particles, they have the same motion of the asteroids/ship when exploding, excellent work.

Toolmaker

Great game, I have one little complaint, when I get destroyed, the ship reappears unarmoured, and usually gets hit right away at the speed th astoroids move, maybe you'd want to add a few second of invulnerability at respawn or something.

That happens to me too. I was going to fix it, but I figured, what the heck. I need a good challenge. If you must, though, after you get hit, press 's' for shields to ensure that you don't get whacked. Thanks for the feedback.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!