Interesting Blog from PC Gamer writer

Started by
4 comments, last by Razorguts 18 years, 7 months ago
Not sure if this has been posted before, but its a very interesting article from a former games reviewer with the UK PCGamer mag. He goes on about how to manipulate the media so as to improve the success of selling your game. Article My Game Blog
----------------------------------------------------
Check out my casual TBS game blog
----------------------------------------------------
Advertisement
Very interesting article. I've been thinking about starting to get serious about pursuing an indie game development path, and have been wondering about marketing strategies. If I get my game finished I was planning on sending copies in a press kit to magazine writers, but I wasn't sure how they would be accepted. That article gives me greater confidence in that tactic.
I didn't know that Kieron Gillen had left PCG UK. He wrote some excellent articles (including the linked blog), and it's a shame that PCG US has declined to its current state; hopefully PCG UK isn't on the same path.

In any event, I wish Kieron greener pastures for the future...

-Razorguts
AB HarrisEngineer, RG Studios
Very cool stuff...
Quote:Original post by Razorguts
I didn't know that Kieron Gillen had left PCG UK. He wrote some excellent articles (including the linked blog), and it's a shame that PCG US has declined to its current state; hopefully PCG UK isn't on the same path.

In any event, I wish Kieron greener pastures for the future...

-Razorguts

Just posting to note that while I'm currently freelance, I still do a lot of work for PC Gamer. The team they've got right now is right on the money, and doing some very interesting things.

(Hell - the editor paid me to write 10 pages on one level of a Thief game. Er... well, it's interesting for me, anyway)

Glad people seem to be liking the article.

KG
Quote:Original post by KG
...the editor paid me to write 10 pages on one level of a Thief game.

Glad people seem to be liking the article.

KG
That "Cradle" article is one of several that I was specifically thinking of. :)

Thanks for the update, glad to hear all is well.

-Razorguts
AB HarrisEngineer, RG Studios

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement