• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jperezalv

Assembly Direct3DX not found

This topic is 4833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I'm making a program with C# and DirectX (August 2005 SDK release), but when I take it to another computer I get a FileNotFound exception, with the message: "Assembly Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX or one of its dependencies not found" I installed the redistributable directx that comes with the SDK, so the versions are exactly the same. The same problem ocurred with previous versions of the SDK. Could anybody help me? Thanks Jorge

Advertisement
Yes, it's the managed runtime the one which shows the error, but I have got both .NET Framework 1.1 and DirectX Managed Runtime redistributable. I don't know why the program can not find that assembly.

I do not know much about managed DirectX but another possibility is the D3DX dll - does the target system have the latest d3dx9_27.dll

A solution to your problem is located in this thread

If it still doesn't work on the target machine, check in its Windows\Microsoft .NET\Managed DirectX directory to see which assembly versions it has, and then check on the development machine to see which assemblies you have referenced.

The last resort is to include the referenced assemblies with your program, and just have them sit in the same directory as your executable. There is a 'Copy Local' property for each reference in Visual Studio .NET.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!