problem with quake 3 source code

Started by
20 comments, last by dbzprogrammer 18 years, 7 months ago
pls help... I hav build Quake3.exe using msvc6....but when I m trying to run it the program starts and then crashes to the desktop !! let me tell u what i actuelly hav done.. fisrt i build Quake3.exe. then copied the folder 'baseq' frm the quake3 system to the folder'..quake3-1.32bsource/code'..coz this is where the new quake3.exe have been created. now when i am trying to run it..the program is crashinng. pls help me out of this problem...
Advertisement
Are you running the game from the msvc6 environment or as a exe file.
you can trying running the game with g_log option enable so you can see where the problem is.

I hope this can help you a little bit
------------------------------I prefer to be the worst of the best than the best of the worst------------------------------
Run it through a debugger and find out where it crashes, work out the cause of the crash and fix it.
Yea, hell, it's GPL now, you can fix your own problems [grin]
Free speech for the living, dead men tell no tales,Your laughing finger will never point again...Omerta!Sing for me now!
I am giving the codes where the debugger is showing the error(its shown with double *)....in the file- drive:\....\code\qcommon\common.c
#if defined(_WIN32) && defined(_DEBUG)	if ( code != ERR_DISCONNECT && code != ERR_NEED_CD ) {		if (!com_noErrorInterrupt->integer) {			__asm {				int 0x03     **this is where the error is...			}		}	}	

have no idea how to fix it !!can anyone help...
Looks like it can't find the CD directory, which probably means you're missing some config file. Apart from baseq3, are there any top level files that look right? I can't remember the actual name of the config.

Oh, and, compile it in release mode and see what it does. You're in debug right now.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I don't know how to fix that but isn't that embedded assembler and it is calling interrupt 3h?. Mabye try researching what that interupt does would help :)
Hmm. A quick google seems to say that interrupt 3h is a user-defined breakpoint. No doubt that is a fair clue? Try removing that line, compiling, and running.
Free speech for the living, dead men tell no tales,Your laughing finger will never point again...Omerta!Sing for me now!
Lol... If you didn't notice, when you compile it, you gotta move everything to a folder called /quake3/ Your problem is that it can't find the path to a file/location, so it's exiting.
We should do this the Microsoft way: "WAHOOOO!!! IT COMPILES! SHIP IT!"
Indeed. Quake3 has some of the oddest protection ever. If the path to the exe does not contain 'Quake3' or 'quake III arena' it doesn't run! A better way to test would be to replace the executable in your quake3 install with your new one. Just backup the old one first.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement