D3DXLoadSkinMeshFromXof problem

Started by
3 comments, last by hplus0603 18 years, 7 months ago
I'm having the same problem as this thread http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=317427 But I wasn't able to post a reply there, so Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm reading Jim Adams RPG programming book, and have run into the problem of loading an .X file. It's because of the changes MS made in directX. I believe the book was written in dX9.0, and I'm using the Oct2004 release(this is the latest version that works with VC6) Basically the problem is I get this error while trying to load an .Xfile D3DXLoadSkinMeshFromXof' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'struct IDirectXFileData *' to 'struct ID3DXFileData * I get that the IDirectX* is outdated, and I tried changing them to ID3DX*, but just got more errors.
Advertisement

Hi there,

If i remember correctly all you need to do is cast it (i did it not too long ago, testing some sourcecode i got from somewhere), as they are 2 different interfaces.

So:

(ID3DXFileData *)pIDirectXFileData

Yep i'm sure this worked for me

Hope it works

Laters
I'm still learning, how do I "cast"?
I'm not sure where to put that.
You put that right before the variable you want to cast. Ex:

int y = 5;
float x = (float)y;
Here's some advice that I give in a friendly fashion, and most sincerely: I suggest you first learn how to program in C++ before trying to learn how to do 3D graphics. Learning one while you already know the other is hard enough.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement