Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Fish Fishes

Window redraw

This topic is 4826 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Advertisement
It's not clear what you mean. Just in case, you should also right-click your desktop, select Properties, Appearance, Effects, and make sure "Show window contents while dragging" is on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Anon Mike
It's not clear what you mean. Just in case, you should also right-click your desktop, select Properties, Appearance, Effects, and make sure "Show window contents while dragging" is on.


But if that checkbox is unchecked, I want my window to be redrawn not depending on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Fish Fishes
Quote:
Original post by Anon Mike
It's not clear what you mean. Just in case, you should also right-click your desktop, select Properties, Appearance, Effects, and make sure "Show window contents while dragging" is on.


But if that checkbox is unchecked, I want my window to be redrawn not depending on it.

It's your app. But if that box is not checked it's probably because the user has a slow machine and can't really do this sort of thing and look good anyway. Going out of your way to ignore user settings is usually not the best course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Anon Mike
Quote:
Original post by Fish Fishes
Quote:
Original post by Anon Mike
It's not clear what you mean. Just in case, you should also right-click your desktop, select Properties, Appearance, Effects, and make sure "Show window contents while dragging" is on.


But if that checkbox is unchecked, I want my window to be redrawn not depending on it.

It's your app. But if that box is not checked it's probably because the user has a slow machine and can't really do this sort of thing and look good anyway. Going out of your way to ignore user settings is usually not the best course.


Winamp ignores. I want the same sort of thing, Winamp does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Anon Mike
Quote:
Original post by Fish Fishes
Quote:
Original post by Anon Mike
It's not clear what you mean. Just in case, you should also right-click your desktop, select Properties, Appearance, Effects, and make sure "Show window contents while dragging" is on.


But if that checkbox is unchecked, I want my window to be redrawn not depending on it.

It's your app. But if that box is not checked it's probably because the user has a slow machine and can't really do this sort of thing and look good anyway. Going out of your way to ignore user settings is usually not the best course.


Winamp ignores. I want the same sort of thing, Winamp does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
there is a message for when dragging stats and when dragging finishes
however doing such will most likely bog down the machine

you can even make your own code that detects when the top region is clicked on and capture the mouse and continuously reposition the window and stop when the left button is up

best course of action is to not do either and allow the user's machine settings to control stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!