Window redraw

Started by
7 comments, last by FreeTutorialNewbie 18 years, 7 months ago
How to force window to redraw & show its contents when moving? Like Winamp has, for example.
Advertisement
UpdateWindow(hwnd);

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
It's not clear what you mean. Just in case, you should also right-click your desktop, select Properties, Appearance, Effects, and make sure "Show window contents while dragging" is on.
-Mike
Quote:Original post by Anon Mike
It's not clear what you mean. Just in case, you should also right-click your desktop, select Properties, Appearance, Effects, and make sure "Show window contents while dragging" is on.

But if that checkbox is unchecked, I want my window to be redrawn not depending on it.
Quote:Original post by Fish Fishes

But if that checkbox is unchecked, I want my window to be redrawn not depending on it.

It's your app. But if that box is not checked it's probably because the user has a slow machine and can't really do this sort of thing and look good anyway. Going out of your way to ignore user settings is usually not the best course.
-Mike

It's your app. But if that box is not checked it's probably because the user has a slow machine and can't really do this sort of thing and look good anyway. Going out of your way to ignore user settings is usually not the best course.

Winamp ignores. I want the same sort of thing, Winamp does.

Winamp ignores. I want the same sort of thing, Winamp does.
then you need to handle the move message and invalidate your window at that time.

Chers
Chris
CheersChris
there is a message for when dragging stats and when dragging finishes
however doing such will most likely bog down the machine

you can even make your own code that detects when the top region is clicked on and capture the mouse and continuously reposition the window and stop when the left button is up

best course of action is to not do either and allow the user's machine settings to control stuff like that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement