What program do u use?

Started by
16 comments, last by smr 18 years, 8 months ago
Hey it's me again... I was wondering what text editor you guys use to code for C++? I use Notepad but I want something a little more professional. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
I use emacs or EditPlus2. And also Visual Studio, which is not free.
get codeblocks.
Visual Studio.NET. It is expensive if you buy it outright, but Microsoft do academic licences for very reasonable prices, and you get MSDN thrown in. There are, however, requirements for the academic version, and you need to meet them to get the software.
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
gVim. Hey, somebody's gotta say it.
I usually use Xcode.
Thanks and I use windows...So I need one for windows.
Visual Studio is the bar-setter for all other Windows IDEs, but as has been mentioned before it is expensive.

Free alternatives include Code::Blocks (previously mentioned; my personal recommendation), Dev-C++ (another popular one), MinGW Developer Studio. Each of these attempts to emulate MS Visual Studio to a fairly advanced degree, including a debugger, resource editor, and other specifically programming- and windows-related tools.

There are also general-purpose programming environments out there that do not necessarily include a debugger or resource builder; UltraEdit is really the only one I've worked with.
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
Go get the Express Beta version of Visual Studio 2005 from Microsoft's website. It is currently free, and when it is available, it will be cheaper than the true commercial version. It is geared torwards hobbyist programmers.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

I use SciTE. It is a great editor for just about any programming language around. I mainly used it for my college course on html. The editor is free and well done. For c++, I use the built in editor on dev-c++ or usually MS c++ 6.0.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement