flow control

Started by
3 comments, last by S1CA 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi, Is it correct that ps_2_0 does not gaurentee static or dynamic flow control (but some cards might support it). But vs_2_0 does gaurentee static flow control? For the above, I'm talking about normal targets not the 2.0-extended targets. I notice that flow control is said to be supported in the extended ps_2_x version, but I am getting an error that ps_2_x is not a valid compile target even though I have a geforce 6800 gt (guess they skipped ps_2_x and went straight to 3_0?).
-----Quat
Advertisement
When you say ps_2_x do you mean ps_2_a and ps_2_b ?
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
Yeah, technically 2.x isn't a version. 2.a was done on FX cards (if I recall correctly..) and 2.b is on X000 cards, and you have to specify the compile targets as ps_2_a or b.

Anyways, I'm not sure about the flow control, but I konw HLSL has some way of simulating it from a result perspective (not necessarily performance though).
Quote:
When you say ps_2_x do you mean ps_2_a and ps_2_b ?

No, but that is a start then :)

I didn't know 2_a, 2_b existed, the doc parts I read always used 2_x so that's what I thought it was.
-----Quat
ps2.0 doesn't have any flow control instructions (apart from texkill).
ps2.x does.

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement