• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Slug

NeHe Lesson41: Extension_Init() wrong?

This topic is 4827 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I think i've just discovered something wrong in NeHe tutorial 41. 1st: The function Extension_Init() search for an extension name that dosen't exist(EXT_fog_coord instead of GL_EXT_fog_coord) and 2nd: I copy/paste this from a book, so it's ain't bullshit: "...calling something like: strstr("GL_NV_texture_shader", extensionList) is going to give you positive result, making you think that the extension is supported, when is really not." And that exactly what they do! In top of that, i don't support the extension(i've checked with igl.exe), but it work! So why did the extension work if i don't support it!!! Please help me!

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Slug
erm, what?

I basically posted before doing my research. After researching, I realized I was an idiot and edited my post.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!