Gaim + Google Talk

Started by
6 comments, last by paulecoyote 18 years, 7 months ago
Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten Google's Jabber server to work with Gaim on a platform other than Windows? It doesn't get past "authenticating" for me, and my friend using Adium on OS X can't seem to connect either. It mysteriously works for Gaim on Windows, reports another friend, though.
Advertisement
Works for me on Ubuntu Linux. I used the instructions on this site: http://www.smashsworld.com/2005/08/im-on-google-talk-right-now.php

The part that tricked me up was that the server is gmail.com but the connect server is talk.google.com
Yeah, I've followed Google's own instructions for setting up Gaim, but it's refusing to work for me...
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Works for me on Ubuntu Linux.

The part that tricked me up was that the server is gmail.com but the connect server is talk.google.com

ditto, used google's instructions
Works for me on plain ol' Debian testing.
Yeah, it works now. I'm not sure what the big deal was...
Worked right away for me following Google's instructions...
Anyone know the alternative ports for google talk? I know that the jabber port is blocked - so Gaim cannot connect. Yet the google talk client actually does.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement