visualc++ toolkit 2003

Started by
1 comment, last by SKATIN_HARD 18 years, 7 months ago
hello to everyone! i´m an absolut beginner in programming and i´d like learning to programm in c. apart from having purchased a book for starters in c, i´ve downloaded the visualc++ toolkit 2003, it says it carrys a c/c++ compiler. it has been installed and the program carries various samples, tryouts before i write my own programs, but i cannot run them - i don´t know if the problem is that i just don´t know how to compile or i don´t know how to run the programs! is anyone familiar with the software who could help me? i think i need every step explained.. thanks a lot! Natalie
Advertisement
If I were you, I'd download the code::blocks studio IDE (google it). It can be easily set up to work with the VC++ Toolkit (it'll detect it on install, and ask if you want to set it as the default compiler) and has nice buttons that'll compile, link and run your code without any command line shenanigans.
Read through the documentation that comes with it. I would say learn AT LEAST how to compile and run a program from the command line. Once you do it 10-15 times you can switch over to an IDE where you just have to click the button to compile and run. Many beginners skip over learning how to compile and run from the command line and I think it is actually valuable to know.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement