Problems with others playing my game

Started by
6 comments, last by Ezbez 18 years, 7 months ago
I have just completed my first 'real' game. It still has some pretty bad bugs, but I got bored of trying to fix them, so I just put it online. However, it seems that I am the only person to be able to get my game to work. Their problem occurs when they run my game. They get an error message saying, "CnDl3323.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." They attempt to 'reinstall' it(that means re-unzipping it) but that fixes nothing. It runs fine on my computer. I do use SDL and SDL_mixer with it, but both of those are included with the game. You could download it at web.meganet.net/dbrooks/Nothing is Immortal.zip Yes, I know, bad me, I have spaces in the file name, oh well. If you could tell me what if anything happens when you try to play it, that would be nice.
Advertisement
go in your windows file then system or system32 file the one dlls are stored
and look for that dll and put it with your game
I've already tried that, there was no .dll file of that name in there. Theres no file in their with a name even remotely like it. A google search of the file also reveiled nothing.
When I try and run it, it says Im missing smpeg.dll

Thats weird. I definately do not use smpeg. Could this be a problem with WinZipping it?

ADD: No, its probably not a problem with WinZip. I believe that the problem lies in SDL_Mixer which uses smpeg(and therefore so do I, since I use SDL_mixer). I do include SDL_mixer but not any of the other libraries that it uses. I will include the smpeg file and see if it helps. Thanks for responding.

[Edited by - Ezbez on August 25, 2005 10:09:05 AM]
sometimes those errors are messed up....if you have MSVC++ go into the MSVC++ 6.0 tools folder in your start menu and run "Depends" and open your exe as the binary it's asking for. it will tell you ever file you need then put those files in teh same directory or in the user's system32 folder.

-Lordoftools
-Lordoftools"Knowledge is not only a gift it's a responcibility."
Here's the files MSVC++ thinks it needs which aren't in your folder.

-Lordoftools
-Lordoftools"Knowledge is not only a gift it's a responcibility."
Should I include the other files listed there that aren't in the folder? Or at least those under the SDL_Mixer heading?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement