Do I need MFC IN Game Progrming

Started by
14 comments, last by Xai 18 years, 7 months ago
Good Day.I am learning C++ from a short period But I didn't Work in MFC until This moment . My question is :Do I need MFC IN Game Progrming? I mean Use The Direct x and Other mechanisms In C++ For Game Programing. And Thank You. Eias
Programer and Desinger
Advertisement
You probably won't be using MFC in your game itself, but it's useful for making game editing tools, a map editor for example.
Yes, MFC does come in very handy for making tools. I can't imagine a better way to make Window-based map editors, for example.
Quote:Original post by skittleo
Quote:Original post by Leo_E_49
I can't imagine a better way to make Window-based map editors, for example.

I hear C# with WinForms is a better alternative.

C# is undoubtedly better, and VisualBasic.NET is probably better than that. Better in terms of speed of development, of course.
Once you have your basic window up and in fullscreen, you won't need any of the mfc. You can then use directx to program your game and draw graphics on the screen.
Thank You ( load_bitmap_file - Leo_E_49 - skittleo - kosmon_x - SKATIN_HARD )
What I understand from your words is I don't need MFC in just game programming but I

need it the additions Like The start Page and map editor .I didn't work in c# Before but I

think we can benefit from Visual Basic 6(Because of its elasticity more than C++ ).
But this discussion is comfortable for me.
And Thank You for all
Eias
Programer and Desinger
If you choose OpenGL you could also use other GUI-Libs like WxWidgets: www.wxwidgets.org
Yeah most of games are playd in full screen.

There is basically no good point in using MFC then.
DirectX will do good.

Also forget about using vb in engine development.

I would olso not recommend using vb for anything unless you olready know the language.

There is no point in lerning vb today.

vb.net might doo the trick but not for creating games imho.

If your lerning c++ stay with that as this will be ok.

BP
I'm not sure about it, but I think some games just use a maximized window, with no border or titleline, then make HUD and in-game menus and stuff in MFC or something, and just create the graphics interface inside a picturebox or something like that.. In particular, I'm thinking about The Settlers 5.. The game probably works great, as long as you only have/use one screen.. I have two monitors though, and when I move my mouse to the left border of the game-screen, it doesn't scroll, but instead the mouse moves to the other screen.. :p Could be due to other things though.. :p
Thank you
Jannes : I work Until this moment in Direct x.

Borys Pomianek(BP^.^): This good because I am Tired of This MFC....but your talk about

VB6 crash me Because I learning vb6 Form 3 years And I had thought it's very good ..And

This Language is the most famed Language in our Countris but I don't expect That The

vb6 retired in Euorb and America To This place .But I will see this .net Witch is invading

the world.

DvDmanDT : HUD ??? I don't understand This term .But I think you prefer MFC But your

plan is suitable for a professional Like you and the gentlemen here (^.^) more than

Beginner Like Me And I want to escape from MFC.
Thank for all .
Eias

Programer and Desinger

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement