Games with C++

Started by
31 comments, last by WhatEver 18 years, 6 months ago
anybody know anywell known games that where based on C++. Example farcry (but thats is lua) ---- edited --- farscape to farcry [Edited by - leonheart on August 25, 2005 4:45:40 PM]
------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement
Walk into your local Wal-Mart (or whatever you have that passes for one), and look at the software shelves.

90% of the titles you see were created with C++ as the base.

Quake, Half-Life, Far Cry are some of the more well-known ones.
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
Quake was C, was it not?
Quote:Original post by TDragon
Walk into your local Wal-Mart (or whatever you have that passes for one), and look at the software shelves.

90% of the titles you see were created with C++ as the base.

Quake, Half-Life, Far Cry are some of the more well-known ones.

I would definetaly say it's more than 90%. Closer to 98% really... most any game you see is going to be in C++, their really isn't much other options except puzzle games use VB a lot due to it's simplistic point/click layout and the lack of a need for speed :). Other than that, some people use java, but you won't find those on walmart shelves, they are mostly online ;).
Hrm...well Q3A was C++ I know, but I'm not sure about the others.
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
Quote:Original post by Spud Gun
Quake was C, was it not?

Quake IS C, Quake II was mostly C with some C++, and quake 3 was mostly C++.
erm i live in poland we dont have wal marts
eld farcry is lua not C++
in the stores we have they dont say c++ based they all in one plece
------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig------------------------------------------------------------
Farcry is c++ (the engine is c++), it uses lua as a scripting language (lua is used to describe the events in the game, and to tweak parameters).

From here

Quote:Scripting system: Based on the popular LUA language. This easy to use system allows the setup and tweaking of weapons/game parameters, playing of sounds and loading of graphics without touching the C++ code.

Modularity: Entirely written in modular C++, with comments, documentation and subdivisions into multiple DLLs.
Although FarCry uses lua, I'm willing to bet that there's C++ in there too.
yeah ther mabey
eny one know what battlefield 2 is written in
aldo where can i get a decent modeler how good id opengl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement