• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
leonheart

the best 3d modeler

This topic is 4829 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

what is the best 3D modeler for a game also how culd i get it to work with c++ so it has the grafix in the game sory if i not making sense im not englih im from poland

Advertisement
What do you mean with best? I can tell you that 3D studio is the be$t but...[smile]
If you mean good and not expensive I can suggest you Blender (freeware), ac3d (commercial), milkshape.

i tryed bleder and milkshape but i cant find a way of getting the graphics that is designed onto the game i dont know what i got to do.do yu

In addition to what mentioned above, Wings 3D is available, and it's free.

You could also take a look at Maya (like blender, it does more than just modeling - animation for instance) - there's a free version available for noncommercial use - but a commercial license is in the thousands of dollars.

Quote:
Original post by leonheart
i tryed bleder and milkshape but i cant find a way of getting the graphics that is designed onto the game i dont know what i got to do.do yu

Export in a format usefull for you...for example some text format (ac3d) or .3ds.
You will need also a library to load these formats (lib3ds for example).

You could try DeleD. Easy to use with quite some features. Exports to .X so it should be fairly easy to get the graphics into your program.

http://www.delgine.com

3DS MAX is not the best. Maya 7 is. I found it at the academic superstore for only $400.00!!! Well, Maya has nurbs, cloth, hair, liquids, and other animation types that 3d studio does not have, but 3ds is the next best thing.

Quote:
Original post by Gamedev 2
3DS MAX is not the best. Maya 7 is. I found it at the academic superstore for only $400.00!!!

"Only" $400 !!! Great !!! [lol]

But seriously...if you work with the modeler you can spend also 1000-2000$...but you should consider that a person, commonly a student, who wants start learning 3D modeling has not this budget.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!