The main character of my new game

Started by
10 comments, last by verdad 18 years, 7 months ago
I would like to know what do you think of this character. I would appreaciate your replies Thanks in advance. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Advertisement
Looks good, but the staff is oddly rotated for that position it seems.
I like it...would be better if it had fingers and stuff though.
I'm not a big fan of the sword.
i like the sword and whole model. its cute...i guess lol. but yeah, consider adding fingers to give it more detail
Is that Jesus?

Ok seriously though, reminds me of him. Perhaps a longer sword and a mouth and you'll be in business.
Looks good, but why would someone carry a sword and a staff/cane at the same time? Wouldn't it make more sense to be carrying a shield?
Looks good, but the lack of a mouth reminds me of the scene in the beginning of the Matrix when Neo is being interrogated and can't open his mouth. And maybe I have a dirty mind, but the arms + hands kinda look like the male sexual organ. Other than that I like it.
LOL
In most of the game the character will be render farther away, so you wouldnt see the fingers if I added them.
Also, this is ment to be in a style of an olde video game.
Wonder boy did not have fingers! They didnt have enough pixels, so I wanted the character to look like one of those old video game pixel art characters.
So the lack of mouth is also part of that old look, although even in the old days some characters had mouth.
The staff is charged with a one time magic.
Will F, you do have a dirty mind.

Now I have a question, I am thinking of making the graphics with irrational perspective. Like in old video games. So the characters will be rendered from the side, but the ground will be rendered from the top.
Or should I make it like in diablo?
What do you think?
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Make it a 45 degree overhead, I think. If you are interested in pixel art, games like Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Sword of Mana, Beyond Oasis, Zelda: A Link To The Past, and the older Final Fantasy games (2d pixel art), perhaps I can help?
I am trying to start a new game, mainly for artistic expression.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement