• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
basananas

OpenGL [OpenGL] Drawing to the screen directly

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm making a 3d engine with spheres. I want to use OpenGL, not for it's 3d functions but simply to draw something fullscreen in win32. Unbelievable how difficult they've made that! Anyway, I have made an engine that draws in a 1280 * 1024 * 32 buffer and tested it on bitmap files (and it works), but now I want to go full-screen and use the mouse to have a look around in the my world. I can get full-screen, but I don't know how to get a pointer to the screen itself to draw on! Is it possible at all? If not, is it possible to copy my buffer every frame to the frame buffer (yuk)? Thanks in advance for the help, Bas

Advertisement
You'd have better luck using a library oriented towards this task like SDL. However, you could try glDrawPixels().

I think glDrawPixels is the function you're looking for.
But by what i've read and heard, it can be kind of slow... but not shure anyway.

edit: SiCrane was faster :)

Thanks to you two! You were quick, I can fly around in my own world now, and it works :D You deserve your high ratings ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!