• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Aufderheide

Geforece FX floating point textures

This topic is 4678 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there any way to use normal D3D floating point textures on a GeForece FX card? such as D3DFMT_R32F and D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F ? Also, can someone clear up something for me.. do all the FX cards support ps. 2.0?

Advertisement
First question I can't help you with.

But, Yes, the FX series ALL support PS 2.0. They're notorious for being slow with fragment programs (I should know, I own a FX5500), but it's supported.

Yeah they should work just fine. I have an FX card and it supports them. However when you get into doing Auto Mip Maps, it will not work. But you can use it as a regular texture or render target.

Is this what your asking or are you having an error?

Quote:
Original post by Matsy
Yeah they should work just fine. I have an FX card and it supports them. However when you get into doing Auto Mip Maps, it will not work. But you can use it as a regular texture or render target.

Is this what your asking or are you having an error?

lets all just admit it's not the card's problem it nvidia's

Quote:
Original post by gamerking
lets all just admit it's not the card's problem it nvidia's

No, it's definately the card's problem. ^_^

Nvidia is a great company, and I feel like they're a bit more programmer friendly than ATI. Nobody perfect, of course, the FX series was a major flop, but everything past that has been great!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!