SDL

Started by
4 comments, last by samuraicrow 18 years, 7 months ago
I want to start a pong game but I don't know how to. Yes I do know how to code in C++, I have 5 days experience. People always tell me use SDL but I don't know what it really is, and can you give me a direct link to the windows download. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
http://www.libsdl.org/index.php

Check out the FAQs section for the quick summary.
You might also want nice tutorials to learn SDL.

Cone3d

cornerstone

lazyfooproductions

I Suggest you to start with cone3d. I used this one to start and learned pretty good.
Make sure you have all the console programs down. Program guess the number and hangman. Next, move on to sdl. The cone3D tutorials are amazing. I used them before and they were good. The 6 tutorials will tell you just about everything you need to program games with sdl and c++.
Do you know any other language besides C++? 5 Days of C++ is the equivalent of learning a foreign language on the airplane; you need more practice before you can get into advance topics like graphics.
Yes. C++ is not a beginners' language. Start out with Python and the PyGame extension (it's just SDL for Python with a little extra simplifying code thrown in). That's a lot safer development environment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement