• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Elthanor

C++ Book i got, which is the best?

This topic is 4826 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have just got some books for C++ and wondering which is the best. Im new to it, dont know a single code, or what program to use, i have Quincy 2005, but im thinking that is really basic. Here is the list. C++ Demystified By Jeff Kent Imperfect C++ By Matthew Wilson C++ for Dummbies Microsoft Visual C++ .net Step by step By Julian Temlpeman and Andy Olsen Thanks! If you have any other books you recomend, let me know! And a book that a young person (15) can do for school(im homeschooled) and keep me interrested! I really want to , but im just trying to see if this is for me, which i think im sure it is! Thanks

Advertisement
If you already have these books, then study them and form your own opinion. It never hurts to have a wide range of different coding styles and techniques to learn from. There are quite a few book recommendations in the For Beginner's section here at GameDev.

Above all, keep working at it - understanding the science of programming is more important than any one particular language, but the basics of C++ will come to you in time. Good luck.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!