C++ Book i got, which is the best?

Started by
3 comments, last by simon10k 18 years, 7 months ago
I have just got some books for C++ and wondering which is the best. Im new to it, dont know a single code, or what program to use, i have Quincy 2005, but im thinking that is really basic. Here is the list. C++ Demystified By Jeff Kent Imperfect C++ By Matthew Wilson C++ for Dummbies Microsoft Visual C++ .net Step by step By Julian Temlpeman and Andy Olsen Thanks! If you have any other books you recomend, let me know! And a book that a young person (15) can do for school(im homeschooled) and keep me interrested! I really want to , but im just trying to see if this is for me, which i think im sure it is! Thanks
Advertisement
teach yourself C++ in 21 days is good
If you already have these books, then study them and form your own opinion. It never hurts to have a wide range of different coding styles and techniques to learn from. There are quite a few book recommendations in the For Beginner's section here at GameDev.

Above all, keep working at it - understanding the science of programming is more important than any one particular language, but the basics of C++ will come to you in time. Good luck.
:stylin: "Make games, not war.""...if you're doing this to learn then just study a modern C++ compiler's implementation." -snk_kid
You can never go wrong with Ivor Horton!

http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764543881.html

Wrox does a great job.
C++ Primer 4th Edition. Also here is a good online reference.
-----------------------------Language: C++API: Win32, DirectXCompiler: VC++ 2003

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement