Beginner's AJAX application ideas

Started by
4 comments, last by aaron_ds 18 years, 7 months ago
Hello I want to get my hands dirty with some AJAX, but I can't seem to come up with a good idea for a small project. What is the AJAX equivalent of pong or tetris? It doesn't have to be game related, just a good project for a beginner. site:gamedev.net AJAX -profile only turned up one result which was irrelevant. :-/ Thank you. Aaron
Advertisement
AJAX isn't going to do anything for making a simple action game like Pong. There isn't any server requests required so everything can be handled on the client side. That can be done with just &#106avascript and css (dhtml). The AJAX concept allows you to make http requests and update the html document without doing a full refresh of the page. AJAX would be good for a Might and Magic/Dragon Warrior style game.
Yes, AJAX, while capable, isn't going to be suited towards games like pong. In fact, I would rather not develop games with it. I was hoping to create a little web application instead.

Sure I can create an email program with it, but that's too big for a beginner. What is a good begining project for AJAX development?
He just wants to know some good beginner projects, analagous to pong or tetris in the gamedev world. Not actually create them using AJAX.
How about a simple chatroom?
Excelent BobV!

ratings++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement