Mouse gestures with SDL

Started by
1 comment, last by BeanNeophyte 18 years, 7 months ago
Again a tutorial from me www.gamelib.de/artikel/gesten.html This time I translated the comments on the sourcecode into English :)
www.gamelib.de -- Your source for game-development
Advertisement
Good work, BeanNeophyte. I remember trying to implement mouse gestures ages ago, and I never even thought of doing it this way. The result was a horribly slow thing that usually took about 30 seconds to get something simple done.

You could also modify it a little so that it uses a binary 'or'ing based upon the direction (for example, left=1, right=2, up=4, down=8), that way you can overwrite parts using different directions to make the gestures a little more complex.

For those of you that can't read that article (myself included): if you've ever wondered how the mouse gestures in games like Black and White were done, they're probably similar to this.
Thanks alot Gorax :)

Quote:Original post by Gorax
You could also modify it a little so that it uses a binary 'or'ing based upon the direction (for example, left=1, right=2, up=4, down=8), that way you can overwrite parts using different directions to make the gestures a little more complex.

That also came to my mind when I wrote the article. I will write a more advanced one including things like that and maybe some sort of learning-module to adjust the error-tolerance for the user. I will probably translate it into English too, but be warned, my English is not the best :)
www.gamelib.de -- Your source for game-development

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement