• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
draglix

Help pls and any1 wanna...

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

well i m trying to make an MMORPG game but i don't know how can i make and wat do i have to have to make that...so replying with what i need is good for me and also if u wish to make this MMORPG game with me just reply with what u know and any programs u have that might help me make this

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Ok this joke is getting real old now =\

Are you new to programming, if so the comic above applies to you, and give up RIGHT NOW.

If not, maybe it doesn't...I don't know your programming skills, intelligence (bah spelling), dedication, or bank balance, so I'll try and be helpful rather than an ass today as I'm feeling in a good mood since I repaired my broken coffee mug, anywho....

An MMORPG is a LOT of work. It takes a team of competant programmers, artists, designers, so on and so on. It also takes a LOT of money to run the servers for them. They take a LOT of time, are a LARGE risk, and require one thing more than anything - Players, getting them will be the hardest part!

Ok, about 5/6 of the people here are making MMORPG's. about 1/12 of them do it, and about 1/50 of those are actually good. Learn everything, then decide what to do with what you've learned.

Quote:
Original post by blizzard999
The guy in the cartoon seems Harry Potter!!! [lol]

I can see the resemblance now that you mention it.

Quote:
Original post by draglix
well i m trying to make an MMORPG game but i don't know how can i make and wat do i have to have to make that...so replying with what i need is good for me and also if u wish to make this MMORPG game with me just reply with what u know and any programs u have that might help me make this

Well for starters, you could actually take the time to spell out your words. Once you've mastered that, move on to designing your game idea, writing a storyline, documenting game flow, and refining your game mechanics.

Start coming up with some sketches, and maps for your game world. Create characters, both good and evil, plan out events, quests, missions, etc etc.

If you aren't the design type of person, then I suggest learning a programming language, a simple google search will bring up TONS of information. Also, the beginner section here on gamedev.net is FULL of excellent articles and resources.

Good luck with your MMORPG.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!