• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Dole

Another Managed DirectX Problem

This topic is 4769 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As i convert to managed directX, DirectMusic seems to have vanished. How do you play midi files? DirectX use to have Direct Music, but now it only has sound (which only play wav files). I want to be able to control the tempo of my midi files so I dont want to convert 20kb midi files into 10mb wav files. I know there is MCI but how do you import it in managed code?

Advertisement
Use Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback to play the MIDI files. Specifically, create an Audio object and load that file. Then just call play.

I did a quick search on the codeproject and found this Midi player wrapper library for C#. I haven't tested it, but it looks decent enough, with support for tempo setting.

If you're working with C# a lot, you definately should bookmark the codeproject website. It has a lot of user submitted wrappers for doing all kinds of things in C# that would otherwise require tons of coding or writing your own wrappers.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!