Online Sailing & Race Simulator

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 7 months ago
I need some more online players to test my multiplayer code more thoroughly please. Online Sailing & Racing Website Note: cursor up/down is a single player only cheat to get you out of trouble, it is not meant as the primary means of movement. Sail controls aren't yet coded. Wind is simulated, dark patches are strong wind, light patches are dead wind. To see the direction of wind note the angle of lean on your boat and the direction of any areas of dead wind caused by the surrounding landscape. I am most interested to hear feedback on your multiplayer experience, did it lag for server or client? How many players? Did the race feature work? Did you enjoy it :)? etc. How to connect to multiplayer: 1) start game 2) using the console type: name YourName To host: 3) type: start server 4) type: auto To join a server: 3) type: list 4) type: server 1 or whatever number corresponds to the server you choose. To direct connect to a friend 3) type: direct <ip> To start a race, from the host: 1) type: length 3 or number of buoys to race around (default 5) 2) type: race Full list of console commands are available by typing "help" in the console. [Edited by - BeckyRose on August 28, 2005 4:55:48 PM]
Advertisement
I've managed to run a few multiplayer games and have resolved a number of issues with the connectivity. The game now "runs as intended". You can download the updated version 5.04 from the website.

Online Sailing & Racing Website

You've a fair good chance of getting a game with me by logging onto the games chat interface as I tend to keep that open whilst I work.
Thanks anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement