Sony/Microsoft Requirement Checklists

Started by
2 comments, last by nes8bit 18 years, 7 months ago
Are the Sony TRC and Microsoft TCR specific for 3rd and 1st party developers only or is there a way to get them [legally] online? Does anyone know of any links if they're public? ;)
Advertisement
For which console? PS2/XBox or PS3/360? Also, Microsoft has different sets of requirements depending on the game, specifically the LIVE service has its own seperate and very strict guidelines (From what I've seen leak out it puts the GBA usability requirements to shame).

AFAIK the exact guidelines are only available to registered developers (if you don't have an official dev kit, you don't have the guidelines), though some (like the LIVE requirements) seem to have bits and pieces leaked around the net, mostly by journalists and in blogs (for example one of the developers of the XBox Mechwarrior indirectly mentioned a ton of the screen layout requirements in a blog IIRC).

If Sony is still going the same way as they where with the PSX ("PS1") you can probably get almost anything by them (though don't count on it. The overall quality of PS2 games seems to be higher, suggesting they may have created a policy other then "get as many filler titles as possible")
They are only available to officially registered developers & publishers. If you were a commercial development studio you could apply (links for developer applications can be found in the Forum FAQ above) but if you are an individual without a track record they almost certainly won't appprove your application.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Damn. I've done TRC and TCR training before, but I was hoping there was some way I could get the manuals at home. Oh well I'll manage without them I guess.

Thanks for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement