• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gelerorox

[.net] DirectX SDK e References

This topic is 4853 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I am C# developer. And I want to know where can I find directX SDK, examples and samples to start coding. I have been writing small specific engines in other languages using OPENGL and I think that is time to try C# with DirectX. Can you help me? Any advice is mostly welcome! Thank you!

Advertisement
Providing you have a genuine version of Windows, You can go on the Microsoft Website and and look for the download section where you will be able to get the DirectX SDK (August Update).

All the docs come with the SDK which are readable as a stand alone file or from MSDN while developing your application. Note that you should probably check out Managed DirectX because I don't think it's simple to use Non-Managed DirectX let alone, possible.

Sadly the documentation that comes with the SDK isn't quite as informative as one would like. The SDK does come with a few examples which may be enough to get you started, but certainly arn't enough to keep you going. You're going to have to get a book. I heard that Managed DirectX 9 Kick Start by Tom Miller (one of the creators of the SDK) was good, so I just recently purchased it and am expecting it in my mailbox in the next week or so. If you have a GDNet+ account, you can get a discount on books purchased from SAMS. Ron's own Beginning C# Game Programming not only covers the language quite well, but also briefly gets into some simple DirectX stuff for creating a Generic Space Shooter.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!