Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kelcharge

SDL problem with version 1.2.8 and Dev-C++?

This topic is 4680 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I just got SDL 1.2.8 package for Dev-C++, the only thing is that it won't compile the package program without editing the file SDL_audio.h. In line 97 of that file(I found this quick fix on the net in a moment), if you take out SDLCALL it works just fine. I don't know why this is but, if there is a better way to fix this could someone tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Well I just got the SDL 1.2.8 DevPak the other day and used it to compile code, and I had no problems. Give that a try so you don't have to edit that file. Other than that, just taking out the SDLCALL was the best fix for that problem.

Edit: Just as a side note, this is from the SDL site:
Quote:
1.2.9: Fixed gcc parse errors in SDL_audio.h on Windows


So expect it to be a nonissue when the public version of 1.2.9 is officially released.

[Edited by - Drew_Benton on August 27, 2005 10:53:15 PM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Some of the devpaks lately have been pretty poorly put together. I even backtracked to 1.2.7 for a while when I was still using Dev-C++ when developing Blastoids.

After all the struggles I've had with Dev-C++, I decided to try out Visual Studio and must say that it's an infinately better IDE (in my opinion). Getting started with it is difficult at first, but the rewards in the end are worth the switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!