SDL problem with version 1.2.8 and Dev-C++?

Started by
1 comment, last by Rob Loach 18 years, 7 months ago
I just got SDL 1.2.8 package for Dev-C++, the only thing is that it won't compile the package program without editing the file SDL_audio.h. In line 97 of that file(I found this quick fix on the net in a moment), if you take out SDLCALL it works just fine. I don't know why this is but, if there is a better way to fix this could someone tell me.
True God of the TribunalKelchargeMy SiteMy Ugly Forums
Advertisement
Well I just got the SDL 1.2.8 DevPak the other day and used it to compile code, and I had no problems. Give that a try so you don't have to edit that file. Other than that, just taking out the SDLCALL was the best fix for that problem.

Edit: Just as a side note, this is from the SDL site:
Quote:1.2.9: Fixed gcc parse errors in SDL_audio.h on Windows

So expect it to be a nonissue when the public version of 1.2.9 is officially released.

[Edited by - Drew_Benton on August 27, 2005 10:53:15 PM]
Some of the devpaks lately have been pretty poorly put together. I even backtracked to 1.2.7 for a while when I was still using Dev-C++ when developing Blastoids.

After all the struggles I've had with Dev-C++, I decided to try out Visual Studio and must say that it's an infinately better IDE (in my opinion). Getting started with it is difficult at first, but the rewards in the end are worth the switch.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement